Poem #98

I am unaware
of any true miracle
except maybe you.
4/23/02010

A gushy love poem, of course.

In case you don't know, I am a non-believer in all gods. I believe that beneficial coincidences happen. But that's kind of different from believing in miracles.

If you want something along the same lines of this poem, but much more beautiful, I'd recommend reading the lyrics to Nick Cave's song "Into My Arms". Better yet, try listening to it. Here's a link to an intimate live performance. The first couple of verses of this song are among the most beautiful things I can think of at the moment.

In the interest of full disclosure, I think I should mention that I was not thinking of the song at the time I composed the poem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bell Ringer Joke Revisited

In Memoriam, Mark Cassorla

Avalanche